Liberty Learning Center's Mission & Vision
Liberty Learning Center is a home school cooperative with an emphasis on classical academics and family involvement. As parents we are called to bring up children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Liberty is dedicated to equip and empower parents and students to fulfill their purpose in Christ by providing structure, edifying relationships, a rich foundation of Biblical truth and encouragement to walk in Spirit-filled service. Our goal is to provide a financially viable learning environment for all parents who value a Christ-centered upbringing for their children.
Location: Caldwell Christian Church – 3207 E Ustick Rd, Caldwell, ID 83605
School Hours: M, W, F: 9am – 3pm
The term “classical” refers to the tried-and-true educational approach most common before the twelfth century. It was lost to mainstream culture as Darwinian ideas of the origin and substance of humans became popular “science.” The former views man as created by a righteous God for His glory; the latter views man as an animal to be trained for the usefulness of the collective.
God-given parental authority, Scripture and a classical method, which takes into account the true nature of a child, is the foundation at Liberty Learning Center.
Ephesians 6:4 says, “And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.”
2 Timothy 3:16 says, “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”
Jeremiah 6:16 says, “Thus says the Lord: “Stop by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls…”
A classical education includes the seven liberal arts: Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric, Arithmetic, Geometry, Astronomy, and Music, which are implemented to form men and women characterized by wisdom, virtue and eloquence. “Classical” also refers to insights from Dorothy Sayer’s “The Lost Tools of Learning” where she observed that students tend to learn in stages that correspond to the first three liberal arts (Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric).
In the Grammar stage (elementary), students enjoy singing, chanting, and reciting. Learning facts of various subjects like history, science, geography, math and music is enjoyable to this age group. They delight in the wonder of creation, in imitation and learn through literature and narrative.
In the Logic stage (middle school), students enjoy learning how all the facts fit together. They love to argue, analyze, identify fallacies and learn to present logical arguments.
In the Rhetoric stage (high school), students enjoy polishing their presentations. They desire to speak and write persuasively, using their words to eloquently instruct and delight. These three stages, identified by Sayers, are the primary focus of our Classical Method.
More About Us
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative written Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. He is a personal God who not only created the world (in six literal days), but also desires to have relationship with each of us. (Gen 1:26, Deuteronomy 6:4, Acts 7:54-60, John 1:1)
- We believe the God we serve is holy, righteous, good, severe, loving and full of mercy. His design for marriage between one man and one woman forms the basis of His design for the family. Every person is designed by intention; hence all life is sacred from conception. No one is made by accident or without purpose. (Gen 2, Rom 1, Rom 11:22, Mark 10:6-9)
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the promised Messiah of Israel, and the Eternal One in whom all the fullness of deity dwells in bodily form. (John 1:1-14; Colossians 2:9) We believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, and in His bodily resurrection.
- We believe that the Spirit of God comforts, convicts, teaches, leads, indwells and empowers all whom God regenerates. (Acts 1:8, 9:31; 1 John 2:27; John 16:13)
- We believe that all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God and that the salvation of lost and sinful men by the blood of Jesus and the regeneration of the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. (Romans 3:23, Titus 3:5)
- We believe Jesus’ death and resurrection accomplished atonement for all who place their faith in him. Whoever trusts in His work alone, is made a new creation in Jesus, indwelt by the Spirit of God, and is transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of his Son. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 5, 6)
- We believe in justification by grace through faith alone. One may not earn, merit, or keep this eternal salvation by his efforts. (Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans 8:29-39)
- We believe faith without works is dead. (Philippians 2:12, Ephesians 2:10, James 2:14-26)
- We believe in the spiritual unity and equality of all believers in Jesus, the Messiah. (Ephesians 2:11-22)
- We believe in the continuity of God’s covenants with the Jewish people, the physical people of Israel (Jeremiah 31:35-36 and parallel passages). Part of the fulfillment of these covenants is the physical return of the Jewish people to their promised land. (Deuteronomy 30)
- We believe in the literal, physical return of Jesus the Messiah to rule and reign upon the throne of David. (Jeremiah 31, Ezekiel 36, Zechariah 14; Revelation 19-20)
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved to eternal life and the lost to eternal punishment. (Mathew 25:31-46)
Honoring the Biblical Family Unit
God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together, reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27).
Although sexual education is not part of the curriculum at Liberty Learning Center, we believe, in order to preserve the function and integrity of the community, and to provide biblical role models to families and students, it is necessary that all employees, volunteers, parents and students who participate at Liberty adhere to the biblical design of marriage, gender, and sexuality (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; I Thess 5:22).
Because Liberty exists to assist parents in their responsibility to bring up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, parental involvement is a must. We understand that each family dynamic is unique, so we offer several ways for parents to volunteer at Liberty. For scheduling purposes, it is most helpful to commit on a consistent weekly or monthly basis.
Liberty Learning Center
A Christian homeschool co-op hybrid that meets three days a week on-campus M-W-F from 9am-3pm
From Our Director
Welcome to Liberty Learning Center!
– Sammi Salgado
Our Upcoming Curricular Events & Activities
Presentation Assembly- Art Exhibit- MINIMUM DAY
Open House/Community Tour Day
Come and tour our school, learn about:
Who we are
- Our Vision for the 2023-2024 school year
- Our Admissions Process
- What days we meet
- Our Daily Schedule
- Our Curriculum and Resources
- Our Hybrid Program & Expectations
- Tuition, Fees & Payment Plans
- Field Trips, Extracurriculars and more…
Click for Flyer
Passover/Spring Break (no School)
Last Official Day of School
After School program
Get In Touch
Location: Caldwell Christian Church
3207 E Ustick Rd, Caldwell, ID 83605
School Hours: M, W, F: 9am - 3pm